Archive for March, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL SUNNY HILLS RESIDENTS AND ALL PARENTS OF CHILDREN NOW ATTENDING OR IN THE FUTURE PLANNING TO ATTEND LAGUNA ROAD SCHOOL CONCERNING THE PROPOSED MELIA HOMES 40 UNIT TOWNHOUSE DEVELOPMENT ON 3.3 ACRES
by Barry Levinson
This is what all 6* Planning Commissioners ignored while speaking at the end of the Planning Commission meeting on March 14, 2016 as follows:
1. They ignored our 4 to 5 five-year in the making updated General Plan for Fullerton that was completed I believe in 2012, less than 4 years ago. It was Commissioner Gambino I believe who said that the General Plan is already obsolete. This is what they do. They have a bunch of rules and use them for their advantage when the situation is right and trash the rules when they want to pass something else. If I believed as a commissioner that the General Plan was obsolete and did not meet the needs of the city (which I do not) I would be speaking out loudly on how the city wasted over a million dollars and over 4 years putting together a plan that is not worth the paper it is printed on. But again they would never do that. In fact as I mentioned at the podium it was none other than Mayor Fitzgerald that voted against the Lark Ellen townhouse proposal’s first iteration because it did not follow the General Plan to keep the neighborhoods intact. In fact that neighborhood has homes on 7,000 and 8,000 thousand sq. ft. lots and not the 20,000 sq. ft. lots and greater in Sunny Hills. So one day the city is making decisions based on the General Plan and then a month or two later they are trashing the same plan. All one has to do 90% of the time to fight city hall is to use their own contradictory words and thoughts against them. I find it to be one of the most effective tools we have as citizens to get their attention.
2. As I stated at the podium, Planning Consultant Heather Allen’s presentation was totally biased in favor of the developer. It is the same reason police and firemen get such large raises and outsized benefits. The city and the unions are on the same side and no one looks out for the taxpayers. In this case it is obvious once again that the city and the developer are on the same side. No one on the dais agreed with my comments that the presentation by the city left a lot to be desired. It was so, so obvious but commissioners will not go there (except me at Parks and Recreation).
3. No one asked for any proof that there is no demand for a new office/medical building at the site of the proposed Melia Homes. We heard from the developer, one or more commissioners and Marty Burbank that the Towers office buildings on Harbor and Brea Boulevards are half vacant. Before accepting that as fact, documentation about the vacancy percentage in those two buidlings should have been presented to the committee. Until such evidence is provided it was just an unconfirmed statement, nothing more and nothing less. Even if it is true they are comparing apples to oranges. First, the Melia homes location being so close to St. Jude Hospital and medical offices makes that property a good fit for another medical related building including the ever growing need for more extended senior care facilities. Second, a brand new office building can’t be compared to a 40 year old building over a mile away.
4. No one on the dais stated that Melia Homes should strongly consider bringing forth a plan of single family homes with lots at or near 20,000 sq. ft. as to fit in with the neighborhood. All they talked about was reducing the 40 town-home units to somewhat smaller town-home development.
5. Commissioner Larry Bennett talked about how he is a strong advocate for private property rights. I am also a strong advocate of the same. But buying property zoned as office/medical, which sets the value of that property and now asking that they change it 180% degrees to high density multi-unit residential (no matter what the city labels it) is not property rights. The reality is that it violates the adjoining property owner rights, privacy and valuations, while at the same time making the developer’s property values much higher due to the zoning change. This is crony capitalism at its worst.
6. Finally, based on the majority of the commissioners professions and/or organizations they belong to suggests a real bias for more medium and high density development.
I wish I could have had 8 to 10 minutes at the podium for I would demonstrate point by point how bad this project is and how the commissioners are ignoring the major issues before them. I thought to some extent they were getting lost in the weeds hoping that by throwing the neighbors a bone it would become acceptable. This is also a tactic they use over and over again.
Together we are much stronger than just each of us speaking out individually. Sunny Hills residents please do not be fooled by future city attempts to placate you with the same development on a slightly smaller scale. The city seems to care more about collecting the $11,700 a unit fee/tax, called the Park Dwelling Fee required of the developer for each of the 40 units, which would total $468,000.
* Kevin Pendergraft appointed by Council member Whitaker missed this extremely important meeting. He also missed the vote on the Downtown Core And Corridor Special Project Proposal several months ago as well.
ARE THEY AIDING AND ABETTING, MANAGING, PROPAGATING, AND PROFITING FROM THE AUTISM EPIDEMIC?
IS THIS COLOR SCHEME COMMON DENOMINATOR A COINCIDENCE?
Ladies and gentlemen, Autism is becoming more and more a disease of electromagnetic exposure as they hide the missing piece of the puzzle hidden in plain view conducting right inside the bulb
WITH MASSIVE AGENDAS THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
THIS TECHNOLOGY IS NOT YOUR FRIEND AND THOSE WHO ARE PROMOTING IT AND PROLIFERATING IT DO NOT COME IN PEACE
LIGHTING IT ALL UP BLUE ALL THE TIME
HELP US END THIS AUTISM TRAGEDY-THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT AUTISM
TROY ORACLE AT IT AGAIN AS THEY MANEUVER THE STUDENTS AGAINST THE TAXPAYERS AND TURN THEIR BACK ON THE STUDENTS
SO WHILE IT HAS TAKEN 2 BOND MEASURES TO GET A ROOF JOB DONE, WE HAVE THIS CRAP GOING HOME WITH THE KIDS:
CHECK OUT THE MATH ON THIS GRAPH-
The Bible presents the world as a flat disc with a solid dome over it. Every biblical representation of the earth is consistent with this model, and there is no biblical material to the contrary. Apart from the study of general revelation, there would be no reason to doubt this. If you read the biblical text apart from any modern scientific assumptions, this becomes particularly clear.
Health ministers in Latin American countries are advising “women not to get pregnant for the next two years” due to an “outbreak of the Zika virus”.Zika virus, a mosquito-borne disease that was previously thought to be relatively harmless. In 1947 scientists researching yellow fever placed a rhesus macaque in a cage in the Zika Forest (zika meaning “overgrown” in the Luganda language), near the East African Virus Research Institute in Entebbe, Uganda. The monkey developed a fever, and researchers isolated from its serum a transmissible agent that was first described as Zika virus. Zika virus (ATCC® VR-84™) patented in 1947 by the Rockefeller Foundation
http://www.lgcstandards-atcc.org/products/all/VR-84.aspx?geo_country=es# There you have the origin of this virus.
How Long Will Fullerton Cares Autism Foundation push for awareness and ignore the cause and the way to prevention
THE REAL QUESTION IS HOW LONG WILL ALL OF YOU?
Ladies and gentlemen, you know it is no secret that I am one to rain on parades, especially when I am sick and tired of our current and former city leaders, legislators, school board members, religious organizations, civic groups, establishment sycophants, non profits, or any other so called pillar of our community that holds itself out as philanthropic when in fact, they are really the cause of the problem or posing as our saviors when in fact they are really just an end in themselves or worse.
Fullerton is home to three astronaut parks named after three astronauts. Fullerton is also home to the truth about the faked moon landings. Have a seat ladies and gentlemen.
The use of the artificial sweetener, aspartame, has long been contemplated and studied by various researchers, and people are concerned about its negative effects AND RIGHTFULLY SO.
The use of wireless technologies has long been contemplated and studied by various researchers, and people are concerned about their negative effects AND RIGHTFULLY SO.
Ma’Ayn Johnson,The Fitzgerald appointed Agenda 21 SCAG senior regional planner operative on the Fullerton Planning commission does it again.
True to form, the Agenda 21 S.C.A.G. operative on the Fullerton Planning commission Ma’Ayn Johnson let one slip tonight. During the discussion preceding a vote on rezoning a commercial property and ramming 4o homes onto a mere 3,3 acres surrounded by homes on over 20,000 square foot lots, this packem’ and stackem’, Agenda 21 SCAG operative shows everyone who she represents and it ain’t the taxpayers.
Ladies and gentlemen, March 15, 2016 was arguably the most defining moment in Fullerton’s political history. I believe the proverbial straw that breaks the camel’s back was placed on the Fullerton residents’ back right out in the open. It has been one week and silence.
Will she be able to take this all the way? She has a solid platform, she has the people behind her and she is a fighter. Should be an interesting race and we wish her the best. Deborah is red white and blue all the way folks.
Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for all you law and order types to listen up and listen good. This candidate for Judge is doubling down against the house and she means business. Regardless of what she is up to and what side of the political aisle you are on, what she is saying, cannot be ignored.
If you don’t think the establishment from the top down is corrupt then you might as well put your 1000 dollar a bottle cognac into old wine skins folks.
The CRA is the heart, soul and morality of the Republican party and it is no wonder the establishment hacks didn’t even bother to show their faces yesterday. Does she embody it? You decide that for yourself. Do your homework. I am here to report on the event at Republican HQ and I can tell you that those trusted names should never be blindly trusted. Local politics are a mess and the only way out of these muddy waters is to look for some clarity in your navigation and that means opening your eyes and ears to what those on both sides have to present and say.
KAREN LEE SHATZLE is telling it like it is about some trusted household names, and believe me. you had better rethink what it means to have an (R) next to your name and blindly cast a vote for those who hide behind one.
IF YOU NEED ANY MORE PROOF THAT FULLERTON IS NOT RUN FOR THE BENEFIT OF ITS CITIZENS, YOU NOW HAVE IT! by Barry Levinson
Fullerton City Council will vote to appoint Jan Flory To OC Vector Control Board-you must come and make your voices heard.
THE FULLERTON MAYOR JENNIFER FITZGERALD TRIED TO ILLEGALLY INSTALL JAN FLORY ON THE VECTOR CONTROL BOARD WITHOUT A PUBLIC HEARING AND ON 3-15-16 AT THE FULLERTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING, YOU WILL HAVE YOUR 3 MINUTES TO SPEAK ON THE FORCED SPRAYING THAT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SHOULD TAKE PLACE OVER FULLERTON OR ANY ORANGE COUNTY CITY. BECAUSE OF A BROWN ACT VIOLATION, WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE OUR VOICES HEARD.
PLEASE COME WITH YOUR 3 MINUTE PREPARED SPEECH AND BE READY TO LET JAN FLORY KNOW THAT IF SHE DOESN’T STOP THE SPRAYING, THAT SHE WILL BE VOTED OUT IN NOVEMBER OFF THE CITY COUNCIL.
CONE AND COME ALL DOWN THE THE FULLERTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING AT 630 PM AND BRING AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.
BY THE WAY, THE CITY COUNCIL IS ALSO GOING TO VOTE TO BAN CLAPPING AND SIGNS IN THE ROOM UNLESS THEY ARE IN THE BACK ROW. WE ARE UNDER ATTACK FROM THE AIR AND OUR FREE SPEECH IS ON THE LINE TOMORROW NIGHT, IT IS TIME TO TAKE THINGS BACK
From: Lucinda M. Williams <LucindaW@ci.fullerton.ca.us>
Date: Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Subject: RE: 3-1-16 Brown Act Violation written “cure or correct” demand to the Fullerton City Council legislative body
To: The Fullerton Informer <email@example.com>
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner on this item – I was waiting for confirmation as to the remedy.
We will agendize this item again on the March 15, 2016 agenda. City Council will take public comments and then vote on the matter for the official action.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
From: The Fullerton Informer [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 10:11 PM
To: Lucinda M. Williams; Council Members; Jennifer Fitzgerald; Diane Hickey; Mea Klein
Cc: Shawn E. Abrell, Esq.; Barry Levinson
Subject: Re: 3-1-16 Brown Act Violation written “cure or correct” demand to the Fullerton City Council legislative body
Please advise the disposition of this request.
On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:52 AM, The Fullerton Informer <email@example.com> wrote:
Before filing a court action seeking invalidation, a person who believes that a violation has occurred must send a written “cure or correct” demand to the legislative body. This demand must clearly describe the challenged action, the nature of the claimed violation, and the “cure” sought. This demand must be sent within 90 days of the alleged violation or 30 days if the action was taken in open session but in violation of Section 54954.2, which requires (subject to specific exceptions) that only properly agendized items are acted on by the governing body during a meeting.2 The legislative body then has up to 30 days to cure and correct its action. If it does not act, any lawsuit must be filed within the next 15 days.
During the regular business item 13 portion of the meeting listed here
the item of Vector Control appointee, Mayor Fitzgerald did not call for or allow public comments, According to the Brown Act, the governing body must.allow the public to address the covered board at regular or committee meetings on any item in the agency’s jurisdiction not addressed by the agency at an earlier open meeting..pursuant to section 54954.3(a))
Please have the proceedings nullified according to Brown Act. The mayor must follow the rules set forth in The Brown Act that govern public meetings.Mayor Fitzgerald also opened the public comment period for item 14 and tried to close it before anyone got out of their chair. Her behavior was totally unacceptable.
I had a five minute presentation on item 13, the vector control appointment issue and wish to have the item reagendized and public comment opened like it should have been,
Please confirm receipt of this written correspondence and let me know when I can expect a response.
Mr. Joe Imbriano
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.