Here are a few New Year’s wishes for our City of Fullerton
That the Fullerton Downtown Core and Corridor Special Project is voting down by our City Council. After all if all 5 members voted against one town home project recently in Fullerton for not fitting into either the neighborhood nor with the Fullerton General Plan then it should be a slam dunk that the DCCSP should be voted down on the very same grounds.
- That since the OC Register has stated the our own Police Chief Dan Hughes is one of the most influential people in Orange County due to the transparency he supposedly has brought to the FPD, that he actually starts answering simple questions like the one I posed to him and the city council 4 times at city council meetings more than 6 months ago. Simply who has replaced retired Bill Wallis who headed up monitoring sex offenders in the City of Fullerton.
- A Fullerton Police Officer was accused by approximately 10 arrestees that they were going to get the faces smashed in by the police after a January 18, 2014 Kelly Thomas demonstration. We were told way back in June from Mr. Transparency, Dan Hughes that the DAR was given over to the DA’s office as evidence and yet absolutely no action has been taken against that officer nor has the DAR been released to the public. In 2015 this DAR must be released by the FPD.
- Police Chief Hughes should make it his number one priority to get the state legislature to repeal the Police Officers Bill of Rights. This very poorly designed law keeps Fullerton and all Californians in the dark as to complaints filed against officers or any disciplinary actions taken against them. This is the one thing more than any other that would truly make the FPD more transparent.
- And as it relates to the story I reported below, that when the FPD finally purchases body cameras for its officers that it must be on 100% of the time when officers are on duty. Shutting them off should be grounds for firing any Fullerton officer. Without these mandatory rules, the cameras will not do what they are suppose to do, namely provide video evidence of actions taken by both the police and the suspects.
- Finally I wish that all those people especially in high level positions that apparently think it is okay to hate or defame people that they try to get a little bit more love in their hearts and more integrity in their souls.
Happy New Year Everyone!
I report, you decide.